Safe Foster Care Requirements & Procedures at Pleasant Living Adult Foster Care
What Are the Goals for Providing Foster Care at Pleasant Living Adult Foster Care? By being professional, paying attention to detail and treating all of our adult guests like family, we provide some of the best adult foster care services in El Paso, Tx. We provide foster care to elderly adults as well as disabled adults that who cannot live safely alone. This involves prepairing their meals, taking them to doctors appointments, giving them their medication, assisting them with personal care and laundry services on a 24 hour basis and 7 days a week.
A Family Setting Here in El Paso
Adult Foster Care (AFC) is a program for eligible elderly adults who do not wish to live in a nursing home or similar facility. Instead, one lives in a home setting where they are taken care of in a professional and caring manner. At Pleasant Living Adult Foster Care we provide this very service by caregivers that are trained by social workers and registered nurses who provide added support.
When to Consider Choosing an Adult Foster Care Home
We would all love to have our adult loved ones stay with us for as long as possible. But many times there are other duties like work, kids and other responsibilities get in the way of providing them their needs as they get older and problems begin to take place. Some of the signs that you need to look out for are:
- The elderly adult forgets to take medications.
- They cannot prepare their own meals anymore.
- They cannot perform personal needs like dressing, bathing, cooking and need personal bathroom assistance.
- They may have fallen and hurt themselves.
- They need help getting too and from doctors appointments.
- You as a member of the family cannot provide these adequate services any longer.
How to Choose a Safe Adult Foster Care Home
If you don’t live in El Paso, Tx, and wish a loved one in your family to enter an adult foster care home then read the following tips to make it easier to decide which adult care foster home is best for your aging family member. Make sure you know the following information:
- Inspect the facility & grounds.
- Who are the residents?
- Know all house policies.
- Find out all payment information.
- Who the caregivers and their background.
- Inform yourself of other services they provide.
- Find out if all caregivers are licensed.
Eligibility For Adult Foster Care
What requirements must be met to become eligible to receive adult foster care services at facilities like ours? The requirements are as follows:
- Be at least 16+ years of age.
- Need daily assistance because of medical conditions.
- Be willing to live with a caregiver.
- Must be approved by a physician for Adult Foster Care Services.
- Must have valid medical insurances like Medicare & Medicaid or pay privately.
Adult Foster Care Caregivers
First and foremost, to provide adult foster care a caregiver must love to assist people that need adult foster care services in a dignified and respectful manner. We meet the following requirements:
- We provide qualified home with space for no more than 4 people.
- Our home has been inspected and licensed.
- We have passed a criminal background check.
- We have several good references from non-relatives.
- We have serveral signed statements from a physician stating that we are physically and mentally capable of rendering such services.
Provision of Safe Adult Foster Care Services
Safety is our major concern. We provide general supervision services for up to 4 adults in our home-like environment by providing sleeping accommodations, warm meals and personal care services. Our facility has been inspected, licensed and monitored by the Department of Health & Human Services.
Payment for Adult Foster Care Services
Currently, depending on the state you live in, adult foster care service providers receive a monthly allowance for their room & board. Typically, caregivers get paid 18,000 a year.
Pleasant Living Adult Foster Care thanks you for reading this article and educating yourself about certain things you should know to help you make right choice and hire the best help for your aged loved one. If you have more questions and need more information we encourage you to call us. We will be more than happy to go over policies and procedures with you to make sure you are properly informed and hopefully we can become, your Adult Foster Care Service provider.
Pleasant Living Adult Foster Care